RSS

One Last Goodbye...

Jessica Rolf Filed Under:
Our family got the sad news that my Nanamaw was ceasing her dialysis so we made a rushed trip to Lubbock to say good-bye. It was a very emotional trip but we were so thankful for the opportunity to share some final words. She was the most welcoming person I know. Dean loved going to her house and visiting with her. She sang him a song called, "I Washed My Hands This Morning". She made him his special yellow blankies, a big one and a "baby" one! She taught me how to always look for the good in people. She was amazing and will be dearly missed.


Nanamaw's oldest son, my dad (Papa D) and four of Nanamaw's eight great-grandkids. They are sitting in her chair in her living room.


Nanamaw (very swollen from not having dialysis), me and my three sisters




The great-grandkids picking up pecans in the backyard. Nanamaw took good care of her pecan trees and always had tons of pecans.



The road trip to Lubbock. We are eating at Pete's burger place in Lubbock on the way in to town.

edit post

0 Responses to "One Last Goodbye..."

Post a Comment