RSS

NICU - Day 8

John Rolf Filed Under:
Today's Highlights:
  • Dean's nursing better each time he eats. He's switching back and forth from bottle to breast very well. He's breastfeeding at all feedings except for his late nights.
  • (fyi... this is Jess typing now) Speaking of late nights... we survived our night in Hotel NICU last night. It was great to get to spend the whole night with Dean in the room. Jess got to feed him for every feeding and he did great (except for the midnight feeding where he wanted to just keep sleeping). It was really nice to be able to stay out of the weather and get a feel for what it would be like when he comes home. I didn't have a great time trying to sleep on the twin mattress...at least I got SOME sleep though...Jess was up a lot with the feedings and pumpings. She is pretty incredible and I should brag on her more in this blog.
  • (John typing again) Dean got to see his Uncle Hack and Aunt Jamie for a few minutes today (pics attached). I especially enjoyed the hot tamales candy they brought for their visit. I'm overdosing on them as I type. I'm breaking a sweat, but I don't care. I can't get enough of the cinnamon goodness...
  • We finally got a discharge date of Monday! We keep thinking it might be earlier, but we should be outta here by Monday at the latest. We're really getting sick of this place. He's getting great care and everyone (with the exception of one nurse we're not too fond of) has been great, we're just tired of driving back and forth and the whole routine. We're ready to be home.
Please pray for little Dean as he enjoys his last evening with his foreskin. He'll be getting a little "trim" tomorrow. OUCH!!!



edit post

0 Responses to "NICU - Day 8"

Post a Comment