RSS

Baby News...29 Weeks

Jessica Rolf Filed Under:
I got to do the "big" glucose test today. It was the really fun one. I had to fast starting at midnight last night. I was tempted to eat a Thanksgiving-like feast about 11:55 PM but refrained (Not because it didn't sound good, but because it would have caused some major heartburn and I decided to go with the lesser of two evils: hunger). I got up early and rushed into the lab to get my blood drawn first thing (STICK #1). Then the nurse drawing my blood, who was missing about 50% of her teeth, handed me a cold orange drink and said to finish it in "lesth than five minuths". This was no mild gatoraid flavored water, this was pure sno-cone syrup in a bottle. I could almost chew the sugar crystals. So it really came as no surprise to me that I started feeling a little queasy a few minutes after chugging the entire eight ounces but I forced myself to keep it down because there was no way that I was going to drink it again.

After I finished, the clock started and I had to report back in one hour to get my blood drawn again. In the meantime, I went downstairs to see my doctor. I got my regular shot (STICK #2) and they also did a test to see if I might have a protein present that indicates labor may start soon, checked the babies heartbeat, and checked my cervix. Everything was great and I'm not looking like I will deliver in the next week. So, I headed back upstairs for STICK #3, watched a movie that John sweetly downloaded for me last night, reported to Need-Some-Teeth for STICK #4 a hour later, then finished out my movie before STICK #5 concluded my morning at the doctor's office.

By the time I got home, the pure sugar/no eating/loss of blood combination had totally wiped me out. I scarfed some Chick-fil-A (my treat for enduring the needles!) and crawled into bed. What a day. This baby boy is worth every little jab I took today though! I can't wait to see his sweet face soon.

edit post

0 Responses to "Baby News...29 Weeks"

Post a Comment