RSS

Baby News...32 Weeks

Jessica Rolf Filed Under:
Well...it has begun. I went to the Dr. yesterday. They did another fetal fibronectin test, and I won't get the results back from that until Monday. However, the doctor checked my cervix and I am dilated to a 1 1/2. After discovering this, he decided to give me a steroid shot that will help develop the baby's lungs. I went back this morning for a second and final steroid shot. This will hopefully give those lungs a little power kick in case this baby boy decides to join us soon!

So, being dilated could indicate a lot or a little...it is different for everyone and we are not sure what it means for me. I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. (Dean was born at 33 weeks, weighing 5 lbs 8 oz and stayed in the NICU for 10 days.) My doctor kept asking me if I was having contractions. I didn't think I was and he said maybe I am just one of those people that don't feel them...hmmmm...THAT would be nice! After everything that happened yesterday, I started noticing contractions last night. But they aren't hard or long, basically something that I ignore apparently. This morning I have felt a little crampy and I am definitely having some hormone surges (poor John and poor Dean!). It all seems to be falling in to place and pointing towards the start of labor.

The doctor didn't give me any restrictions or anything. He just told me to try to rest and relax as much as possible. Oh, and he also said don't have the little guy this weekend because he will be out of town! Thankfully it is the weekend and John is home! We are busy getting all the final baby things arranged and ready. At least we are much more prepared with this one than we were with Dean! We have a car seat this time and a few diapers!

Please pray that this sweet boy will arrive with strong lungs and no complications. We know he will be here in God's timing and so we wait....

edit post

0 Responses to "Baby News...32 Weeks"

Post a Comment