RSS

Baby Update #3 - The Plan for Today

John Rolf Filed Under:
Just talked with the doctor on call. Here is the plan in one word: WAIT

Basically the labor has stabilized. Contractions have diminished. This is great for the baby as he is getting more precious moments where he can safely develop. But it means a lot of patience and probably some long hours in the hospital. I can't go home because my water has broken and will stay until this little guy gets here. They would really like for me to hit the 34 week mark...that is TWO WEEKS from now. It is amazingly possible but probably not very likely. We will see!

IF the baby becomes distressed or IF I develop an infection, they will obviously proceed quickly with a c-section. However, if I progress on my own and the baby is doing well, they will not try to stop a vaginal delivery. Of course we are praying for the latter to happen in God's timing!

I got to eat some blue bell, pudding, juice and yogurt for breakfast so my tummy is happy! My heart is also happy as I listen to the thump thump thumping of the baby's heartbeat on the monitor. We can't wait to see him but are willing to if he needs some more time to grow strong!

Thank you for your prayers. They are keeping us encouraged and reminded of the power of prayer!

edit post

3 Responses to "Baby Update #3 - The Plan for Today"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I appreciate your updates SO MUCH! We're praying continously for this little precious guy to grow strong and develop more before his arrival. We pray for you and John as you PATIENTLY await. And I'm praying for your dad as he keeps up with 4 grandsons...I just talked to him. HA! Love you and waiting to hear from you!

    Aunt Cheryl
  3. Melanie Says:
  4. Praying much for you Jess and the baby. Praying for God's provision and protection. I know the Lord isn't surprised by this and is waiting to be Glorified as we all see Him working!
  5. Bonny Says:
  6. Thank you for keeping us updated! We are praying for all of you; your attitude and faith are amazing - I can even tell it through the blog! Hang in there-we love you! David and Bonny

Post a Comment