RSS

Dean Goes to the Movies

Jessica Rolf Filed Under:
It was just a $2 movie and Dean got in for free. So we went. We stood in the unmoving concession line for over 10 minutes (yeah, I timed it!). The place reeked of dirty socks. And the credit card machine wasn't working right. But it was only $2, right?!

When we finally got into the theater the movie had started. Dean couldn't see by sitting in his own seat and all the boosters were taken so he sat in John's lap. From the beginning he was totally engrossed as he munched on his popcorn and sipped his Sprite (aka "burnin' stuff). I cried...not because my little boy was watching his first movie in the theater, but because the movie was SAD! It was Disney/Pixar's UP and much like my first movie experience in the theater (Bambi), there are some sad parts. But it was a great movie and Dean didn't pick up on the sad stuff.

It was a fun time. On the way home Dean said, "Tank you fir takin' me to the big TV. I like it." He kept talking about it the rest of the night as well so I know he really enjoyed it. We were proud of him for sitting through a whole movie. We have never even tried to watch a movie at home with him so we weren't sure what to expect. Not a bad attention span for a 2 1/2 year old!

edit post

0 Responses to "Dean Goes to the Movies"

Post a Comment