RSS

NICU - Day 11

Jessica Rolf Filed Under:
Sorry so late with this update. I've officially dubbed this day "Meltdown Day" for myself. Somehow the hormones and lack of sleep collided in a major cryfest this afternoon. Imagine that.

I must confess that I was irritated with Drew's nurse this morning. It was a lady I haven't met before but she didn't seem to know what was going on with him at all. Every question I had was answered with an "I don't know" or "I'm not sure". So that is how Meltdown Day started for me.

John had a meeting all morning so Dean got to spend the morning with one of his favorite pals. We are so blessed with amazing friends who keep stepping in and helping when we need it. But John came home this afternoon to find me in full meltdown. Poor guy. So he went to the 3:00 feeding to see what he could find out...or maybe he was just trying to get out of the house. ha! Just kidding. He was super sweet and tucked me in bed with strict orders to get some rest.

And here is another story of how God works.... At the hospital, crazy nurse starts asking John about fishing! Out of the blue, just like that, he has an instant fishing friend who is more than happy to find out anything he needs to know about Drew! AND, best of all, DREW HAS A DISCHARGE DATE OF WEDNESDAY!!!! I know tomorrow is a brand new day and there is a very good chance no one will have any idea what we are talking about when we say he is supposed to come home Wednesday, BUT we have some hope and I got all the tears out of the way today so we are ready to celebrate!

So, Meltdown Day turned out pretty good in the end thanks to my determined husband who likes to fish.



edit post

1 Response to "NICU - Day 11"

  1. Marci Says:
  2. Praying for you and yours! meltdowns are just necessary at times! so glad he's doing so well!!

Post a Comment