RSS

NICU - Day 3

Jessica Rolf Filed Under:
Sorry I'm late posting this! Drew had a wonderful Day 3! John and I both got to feed him a bottle. He is finishing his bottle every time so they keep increasing the amount and at the same time decreasing his IV drip. He should be off of the IV entirely by the end of the day today.

The nurse was really encouraging this morning and told me we might be sent home before the Tuesday "Dismissal' class. They are actually treating us like competant parents this time! She said we probably don't even need the basics class this time since we obviously know what we are doing and have dealt with a preemie before. (She didn't even make us demonstrate how to use the bulb syringe, like they did with Dean.)

After 9 days in the hospital, they discharged me around noon today. It is so nice to be at home. My mom is staying with us this week to help with keeping Dean while we run up to the hospital every three hours. I know that will be a huge help and I am thankful for her.

edit post

1 Response to "NICU - Day 3"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. YAY MOM!! I'm so thankful things are going so well. I've had you all in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue praying that Drew is home soon with his family. Love you guys!

    Aunt Cheryl

Post a Comment